Thursday, November 5, 2009

To Pb or not to Pb?

Who says you have to spend a lot of money to have fun decorations? I really like Pottery Barn styles, but not so much the prices on some things, like their center pieces. I have to admit I've found killer deals at Pb, like getting decorative branches for 99 cents that were reg. 35 dollars a twig, or my fun random throw pillows for under 8 dollars a piece. I wanted something new for fall because my big bowl of lemons just wasn't cutting it. After wondering around Pb, I found the table runner on sale and got the idea for the center piece. I went to Michael's to see what things they had and found the beaded twig things. Came home to see if I had anything that would work and found the pears, apples, pine cones and candle holder. After assembling the pieces that look like Pb , I spent around 35 dollars (candles were 25 dollars ugh!). The center piece I wanted to buy was 75 dollars. So to buy Pb or not to buy Pb? That is the question.

7 comments:

Kristin and Jay said...

I LOVE IT!! Good job! I say if you can do it for cheap and have it look great than you are only buying Pb because its Pb. Wasting money in my opinion, cuz your table looks AMAZING for cheaper! yay!

Annie Oldham said...

Looks really cute. Great job!

cortnieb said...

SUPER CUTE!!! Good Job Shana!!!

The Wyatt's said...

Very cute. Could you come decorate my house?!

Camille said...

mmmm. I am in love with Pottery Barn. I have been for many, many years- and yes! You can find good deals on their clearance sales. Your centerpiece looks great & you might just have me inspired.

Gavin and Natalie said...

You do such a great job decorating! I think you should come help me. :) Just an FYI in case you can see who gets on your blog, I have yours up most of the day cuz I love your playlist!! :)

Nalder family said...

I love the center piece shana so pretty!!