Saturday, October 3, 2009

I'm from the Country...

and I like it that way; At least the music that is! I went to the Brad Paisley concert on Thursday night. It was so good! He played non stop for almost 2 hours.
He sang two songs with just him and his guitar, no band. The vocals were amazing and piercing. He is truly an artist. I've always liked his music but never realized how good he is. He is kinda old school in the aspect of he really is in a band, not just a vocalist. Every person in his band is unbelievable in their craft.
I went with my friend Lisa. She also is moving in with me sometime this week. She's great! She's my wing man at parties and such a fun girl to have around. She's really helped me move forward since the big D and gotten me out and involved.
I wish I had some great concert story about a fight or something but every one was well behaved. Poor Brad Paisley kept having trouble with his mic and even said during singing "somethings wrong with this mic". At one point a fan gave him dog tags and he put them on. Then when he had a bread from playing he talked a little about it. He thought they were the guys actual dog tags, as did I. But the guy had them made just for Brad and it had the name of the tour on them. Brad thought that was really cool.
Also, while he was singing the song Being a Celebrity he changed one of the lyrics to say something about interrupting Taylor Swift during her speech. Wish I could remember how he sang it because it was awesome! Every one cheered really loud after that.
The weather was so nice! I think it was around 80 degrees. I was cold but didn't complain because I haven't been cold since Christmas. It was a nice feeling. Now don't go hating me, I've dealt with my winter, now it's my so called summer season. I can get out of the house and not die from 115 degree weather. I hope to go see more concerts and enjoy being outside!

2 comments:

The Wyatt's said...

Sounds like a fun night. I love country music too. Good to hear you're holding on to some of your country roots. I'm glad you have a roomate. She looks nice. Friends are great.

Kristin and Jay said...

I haven't listend to Country since High School so they only country I listen to are my old Dixie Chicks CD =). But I have heard him a few times and he is great! Concerts are SO FUN!!! And I LOVE your hair!! WHY OH WHY do you live so far away from me? I want cute hair too!