Monday, September 28, 2009

Legally Blonde/fireside

As fall tradition my friend and I buy season tickets to the Broadway Musicals that come into town. Our first one this year was Legally Blond. I must say it was super cute!! The bend and snap was awesome! The music composers did a great job of capturing what the movie had portrayed. Elle's character was great and so was the crazy stylist. We went to La Bocca on Mill Ave for dinner. It's a cute little wine bar with great salads and brochette. Their pizza looked yummy too. We had a really fun girls night out.

On Sunday another friend and I went to a fireside. I'm not going to sugar coat it, it was awful! It's been a really long time, I'll take that back, I've never been to a fireside where I got nothing out of it. I'm still not sure what the topic was. Something to do with the plan of salvation and dating, mixed in with a bunch of sarcasm. It was very interesting. At times every one would laugh and I'd wonder what was so funny. Then I realized I need to remember the maturity level of the group I'm with. Then it made more sense. It was like a train wreck. You wanted to leave, but kept waiting to see if there was a point. Hopefully someone got something out of it.
I'd also like to comment about cell phones. I see this older cute boy walk in and sit on the same row I was sitting on. I look over and he has his phone out texting. Honestly, it's a total turn off. If you're going to a fireside pay attention. It's interesting to see who is a cell phone junkie. I've been on a date where the guy pulled out his phone every 30 min or so just to see who's texting. I finally asked him if he needed to leave and was his phone burning a hole in his pocket. He laughed and admitted he was being rude and put his phone away. For real, there needs to be a book written about dating and cell phones. Maybe the title can be called 'How my Cell Phone ruined my Dating Life'.

The night wasn't a complete loss. We went to some boys house after and had a great time playing the card game Hearts. There was great conversation and lots of laughter. Even when things don't go as planned, luckily there is unexpected twist to make you smile.

2 comments:

Camille said...

It has been a long time since I checked all the blogs- I seriously think you are so brave to take on the dating world as you have. I would be so self-conscious. Of course, since you are gorgeous, that has got to help! AND I totally agree about the cell phones. I think some people think they look so cool with the latest gadget in their hands, while sitting on the church pews. Ick.

Heather Capener said...

I think you should write that book! I would totally buy it!
I'm with you on the cell phones. Are you in the medical profession and on call? If you are don't go on a date that night, if not put it away!!!
not cool, not cool